Who we are:
The Canadian Society for Chemical Engineering (CSChE) is the national, not-for-profit, technical association that unites chemical engineering professionals who work in industry, academia, and government.
The CSChE is one of the three Constituent Societies of the Chemical Institute of Canada (CIC), along with the Canadian Society for Chemistry (CSC) and the Canadian Society for Chemical Technology (CSCT). It is governed and funded by our membership.
What we do:
- We create valuable networking and knowledge-sharing opportunities through annual conferences, Subject Divisions, and Local Sections;
- We provides opportunities for career enhancement and professional development;
- We establish and strengthen links between academic, industrial, and government chemical engineers;
- We lobby the federal, provincial, and territorial governments on behalf of our members regarding research funding and leadership as well as regulatory affairs;
- We take a public position on important issues as the national voice for the fields related to chemical engineering;
- We recognize significant individual and organizational contributions through an extensive awards program;
- We advance the public’s understanding and appreciation of chemical engineering.